Studio Potters, Please Review the Covid-19 Policy, Protocols & Procedures
ALMONTE POTTERS GUILD POLICY ON COVID-19 – August 20, 2021
In light of the highly transmittable COVID-19 variants the APG Executive has found it necessary to put in place a Covid-19 Vaccination Policy. Health and Safety are our foremost concern regarding Studio Potters, class participants, staff and volunteers.
APG Covid-19 Policy:
- All class participants must be fully vaccinated.
- All Studio Potters must be fully vaccinated.
- Studio Potters who are medically unable to receive the Covid vaccine may contact Saskia to set-up a specific time-slot to come into the Studio to work.
- Studio Potters who choose not to be vaccinated are required to work from home. Appointments can be made with Saskia to drop off their work at the Studio for kiln firing and set-up a time with Saskia for glazing.
Until such time that COVID-19 is no longer a health threat we will adhere to this Policy. Filling out the Covid questionnaire, the wearing of a mask, hand washing, social distancing, and cleaning with the bleach solution will continue to remain in effect.
The Almonte Potters Guild has decided to retain some COVID protocols and procedures going forward. Please follow these protocols stringently, to maintain the safety of our members and the community at large.
- Do a self-assessment before coming to the studio. Do you have a cough that’s new or worsening? Chills? Fever? Shortness of breath? Sore throat? Difficulty swallowing? Runny nose? Loss of sense of smell? … If so, Stay Home.
- All potters must sign into the schedule on the APG website before coming into the studio.
- Wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer when you enter the studio.
- Sign the Contact Tracing form each time you come into the Studio.
- Masks must be worn at all times in the studio.
- A fresh solution of bleach and water must be prepared every day by the first potter to enter the studio. Instructions can be found in the back room above the sink, as well as the bottles and measuring spoons/cups provided specifically for this use.
- As much as possible, studio potters are asked to use their own tools. A limited amount of APG-owned tools will be available. All APG tools, glazes, stains, molds etc. must be sanitized using the bleach/water solution after each use.
- Only one person will be allowed in the back room and hallway at a time. Try to collect everything you need in one trip to start your work to minimize movement throughout the studio.
- All work areas used, and surfaces touched by a studio potter must be sanitized before leaving the studio using the bleach/water solution provided. This includes the wheels, tables, taps, door handles, light switches, AC/Heat controls, bathroom fixtures etc. Everything you touch.